Though Christmas is still months away, now is the perfect time to start planning ways for you and your business to participate in the third annual “Light Up State Street” event. Organized by the State Street Corridor Improvement Authority, this event draws thousands of people each year. This year, we are hoping to make it even bigger and better.
How can you participate?
- Decorate your business. We are asking businesses within the district to decorate and light up your business and property from December 1 to January 1. We have prepackaged options of lights and decorations for purchase at a discounted rate but you are not obligated to use these.
- Offer a special discount, event or open house that coincides with the tree lighting.
- Schedule a promotion that coincides with the tree lighting.
- Provide coupons and/or informational material about your business (1000 pieces) to be passed out the night of the event.
- Provide trinkets/goodies for the bags (anything from pens to candy – 1,000 pieces)
- Donation of 1000 bags
- Help cover the cost of “Reindeer Antlers” (approximately $500, can be split among multiple businesses).
- Sponsor a cotton candy machine (Sold)
- Sponsor face painting (approximately $50)
- Help cover the cost of a banner to be placed over State Street (approximately $300, can be split among multiple businesses)
Right now, we are looking for you to be on our “nice” list by committing to doing something even if you’re not sure what exactly you want to do. Can we add you to our nice list? Commit to participate now!